Film Fund Jury Guidelines and Application Form
Ontario Creates is seeking applications from qualified industry professionals to be jurors for the Ontario Creates Film Fund Production Stream. The program is adjudicated by three jurors comprised of two industry experts and one Ontario Creates representative. The ideal candidate will have senior industry knowledge and experience, with current activities unlikely to pose a conflict of interest with the role of juror.
The Ontario Creates Film Fund is intended to increase the level of domestic feature film production in Ontario. It provides support to Ontario producers for high quality, original feature films in the final stages of production financing. While the Ontario Creates Film Fund supports a range of projects with both cultural and industrial merits, Ontario Creates measures the results of the Ontario Creates Film Fund primarily based on net benefit from the proposed project to the province which includes but is not limited to return on investment and jobs created in the Ontario film industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the program
- Participate in a pre-jury briefing to discuss roles and responsibilities of the juror
- Enter into a Juror Agreement and a Confidentiality Agreement with Ontario Creates
- Individually review all eligible applications received for the program as provided by Ontario Creates
- Assess each application and script/treatment based on specific program criteria and assign a numerical score accordingly based on the forms provided by Ontario Creates
- Attend one full day Jury Meeting with other jurors to jointly review the applications and determine final recommendations
It is estimated that the reviewing process will take approximately 80 to 100 hours, spread over a 4 week time period.
- Wide-range of experience in a senior position(s) in the Film industry;
- Maintain in strict confidence your role as Juror until after the adjudication process;
- Maintain in strict confidence all Confidential Information and take reasonable precautions against accidental disclosure of same;
- Not directly or indirectly use the Confidential Information for any purpose, except in the performance of your duties for Ontario Creates;
- Indicate if you are associated in any way with any project, applicant company or principals of a company that is submitting to the Ontario Creates Film Fund Production program and, at the application review stage, declare any conflicts of interest that may arise.
“Confidential Information” means all information (whether oral, written, in computer readable format or otherwise), data and material acquired by the juror from Ontario Creates or in connection with the performance of their duties for Ontario Creates.
- Jury comments may be relayed to the applicant
- Evaluation forms and jury comments may be available through the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Juror names may be released once all decisions have been made
- Information on the Ontario Creates Film Fund
- Projects that have received OMDC Film Fund support Funding Recipients
To submit an application, please complete the application form below. You will be asked to upload your resume.
Ontario Creates strives to compose juries that reflect diversity in Ontario as described in the Government of Ontario’s definition of diversity and/or gender parity. The provincial definition states: the dimensions of diversity include, but are not limited to: ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Ontario Creates is grateful for your interest in participating in this important process. It is anticipated that a substantial number of industry experts will respond to the Call for Applications. In light of this, only those invited to be a juror for the Ontario Creates Film Fund will be contacted. Ontario Creates maintains an active list of potential jurors.
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives