IDM Fund: Production and Concept Definition
IDM Fund: Global Market Development
Deadline 1May 25, 2020
5:00 PM EST
Deadline 2August 31, 2020
5:00 PM EST
The Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund Concept Definition and Production programs provide IDM content creators with funding for high quality, original interactive digital media content projects that make a positive contribution to the Ontario economy.
- Production - support for the creation of a market-ready content project that will be released to end users.
- Concept Definition - support for early-stage activities that will assist the applicant company in moving towards the production of a market-ready content project.
The 2020-21 IDM Fund: Production and Concept Definition program includes administrative updates. Please read the program guidelines thoroughly.
April 6, 2020 by 5:00 pm and August 24, 2020 by 5:00 pm
Applications to Other Funders: Applicants must indicate whether they are intending to submit applications to other funding agencies. Applicants that fail to disclose this information will be deemed incomplete. Applicants that have higher budgets under review with other funding agencies must submit that budget with their IDM Fund application. If appropriate they may also submit a lower, fully financed budget as part of their application with other funder contributions omitted. This alternate budget must be accompanied by a summary of adjustments/changes that show how the project scope has been reduced to allow for delivery of a complete project at the lower budget. Alternate budgets will only be considered if they are submitted as part of the application.
Release of Project Info: Ontario Creates is required to provide a list of funding recipients to the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and to disclose funding information on the Ontario Creates website. Information provided may include but is not limited to company, project title/description and amount of funding.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive a non-refundable contribution capped at 50% of the project budget.
- Production: maximum contribution = $250,000
- Concept Definition: maximum contribution = $50,000
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely prior to commencing your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms. Please ensure that you have the current versions before preparing your documentation.
Guidelines and Application Forms
Notes Regarding Budget Templates
All documentation must be submitted on the relevant Ontario Creates IDM Fund budget template. Two templates are available, one for Concept Definition projects and one for Production projects. In order to be considered complete ALL relevant tabs in the budget must be filled in.
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- Prior to starting an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Ontario Creates IDM Fund program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an Ontario Creates IDM Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
Online Information Session
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Note: Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com by Friday, February 21, 2020 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.